Armaments production in Neuengamme concentration camp is the subject of the thematic exhibition “Mobilisation for the War-Time Economy: Concentration Camp Prisoners as Slave Labourers in Armaments Production”. In 1942, subsidiaries of armaments manufacturers set up their own production facilities at Neuengamme concentration camp. From then on, prisoners constructed time fuses for shells, repaired and built parts and motors for ships, and manufactured pistols and carbines. A company owned by the SS also ran wood and metal workshops at the camp.
This exhibition is located in the former workshops of the Walther factory.